Saturday, January 10, 2015

Week 17



Mimi:  O's  paper, fabric, found objects.  Bibi:  All in an Afternoon  photo, branch, found objects.


         

        
Mimi: O's detail
 
Mimi:  O's

Changing identities.  Walking around the studio, touching different things, looking, adjusting, fixing. What am I going to do today? I opened a folder and saw these colored translucent papers with some shapes cut from them - O’s , circles.   I saw an old broken jewelry piece - an elephant, the negative space creating the shape.  I put these all together into a collage.  I was thinking about the project and the commitment to keep at it. It was teaching me to live in the reality of the current moment, live through this one hour being on the same wavelength.





  
Bibi:
Bibi: All in an Afternoon detail


All in an Afternoon
all on your own
you come down from
the wall, where I
left you twenty years ago

revive, revive
make me new again

rewire, rewire
match you with a nectar

you smile, I smile
a nectar smile
we all smile, calling all “O”
all in an afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment