Friday, December 12, 2014

Week 13


Mimi: Lovely Bumps - Pencil on paper.  Bibi: A Seed - Drawing on bone, found objects.





Mimi: detail
Mimi:    Lovely Bumps
Drawings, hillocks,

hills, bumps.   Forgiveness
lovely bumps, far and away.







Bibi:    A Seed
We had to change the day from Friday to Monday again. I feel that we always go to a different level when we change the day.

I was in a good frame of mind that morning and I was happy that I was going to do this today. I missed doing this project with Mimi.

Bibi: detail
It was a rough weekend for me emotionally. I had to temporarily relocate my studio as the space needs renovations. I had to take everything out and put it into a storage “Pod” outside. Frank was talking about possibly retiring in Belize and I thought, “I may not live that long.” I was overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I have and thought, “What will happen to all this stuff when I die?” Perhaps it was a mid-life crisis moment, thinking that I don’t have much time left and that I have to get things in order before I go…

That morning, I had an urge to draw a beanstalk. I found a wooden spoon that was given to me by my friend Amy, who often gives me advice that I feel balances me. I doodled a peapod on it, but was conscious of the wood pattern and wanted to work along with it instead of competing against that beautiful pattern.

I realized that the “pea pod” was a connection to the Pod all my stuff was in, and I was happy to use some of the things that I have been collecting for years. I save things because I believe that I can potentially use them for my art.

I realized that I can’t change who I am. I need to just “go with it.” Sometimes, I feel that I am my worst enemy. I sometimes wonder if my urge to create is a gift or a curse.

I am very happy with this piece and it made me realize that I have to “let the seed grow” and be who I am.”                
                                 
                                   
                                   
                                 

                                  A Seed  B.H.M.



                                   a Seed
                                    growing

                                    bean stalk



                                    growing bean

                                    growing pain

                                    fruit of a plant



                                    Pea





                                    Peas in a Pod
                                    Pod



                                    daily artistic contents

                                    life cycle of one single cell

                                    seeds of a pod

                        planted to do art

                                    create a poem

                                    creator

                        an Artist



No comments:

Post a Comment