Friday, December 12, 2014

Week 12




Mimi: Simple is Good - Thread on vellum. Bibi: How - Watch, fabric swatch, braid.



Mimi:    Simple is Good
What am I going to do today?   Something simple. Simple is good. Yellow swirl, zig zag stitches, like a braid.



Bibi:    How
This was our twelfth session and we knew that we would be meeting and sharing our work with each other after this. We no long question our process now. We know to go by our feelings.

For this piece, I picked up the swatches of cloth and a watch. I was planning on reviving this watch to wear when I go to China. However, it looks good with this piece, and the piano on it represents me, so it fit.

I was thinking about philosophy and questioning my existence and the existence of humans in general. The word “how” is the beginning of a question… “How do I do? Fine fine fine.” The three wires, braided as I braid my hair, represent the 3 golden rules I follow: love, respect and honor myself and others.

Mimi called and asked, “How did you do?” She did a minimalistic piece as well. She sewed a zigzag curve on paper using yellow/gold thread.

Things that seem simple can have deeper more complex meanings if you want to read into them.                                                                   
                                                   How   B.H.M.


How

How

How



Do

I

Do



Fine

Fine

Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment