Thursday, July 25, 2013

Week 11

Mimi Thinking of Bibi - Thread, string on vellum.  Bibi  Self - Found objects, drawing.


Mimi Thinking of Bibi, detail


Mimi: Thinking of Bibi 
I started working and was thinking of Bibi.  I don’t usually do this as I work and said to myself – no, I should try to tune into the ‘source’, but she stayed on my mind.   I played and sewed and the piece turned into a map of sorts.  It didn’t really feel like me, maybe it was about Bibi?








Bibi  Self,detail
Bibi:    Self
I had a stack of stuff as supplies for this project and had no idea what I would use today. I had a beret of mine that was chewed and decided to do a self portrait.  I did a pencil drawing of my face which I hadn’t done before.  It doesn’t necessarily look like me, but I realized –it is what it is, and I wouldn’t redo it or throw it away. It is here and is honest, a self examination, self growth, self realization.

When I spoke to Mimi, she said –For some reason, I keep thinking of you.  She said she didn’t feel much attachment to it. Maybe it is about me.

                                                    
                                               Self    B. H. M.


                                               Self - I
                                               Self - intention
                                               Self - examination

                                               Self - knowledge
                                               Self - confidence
                                               Self - portrait

                                               Self - discovery
                                               Self - respect
                                               Self - support

                                               Self - will
                                               Self - concern
                                               Self - heal

                                               Self - love

No comments:

Post a Comment