Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Week 7

Mimi: White (L) - Vellum, mono-filament, thread.  Bibi: We Are Where We Are Supposed to Be (R) - Found objects





Mimi:    White
Mimi: detail
That morning I dreamt I was at a drawing workshop. and Bibi showed up. She brought a huge white flower (like a hydrangea) to show us.  She used tweezers to extract tiny stamp-like drawings of rough faces from the flower.   They were simple black lines that had the feeling of my father.  They had a natural sticky substance on the back and easily stuck to my sketchbook pages. She then took out large drawings that the bees (?) had also made.  The bees and the flower made the drawings cooperatively. It was an amazing dream with many elaborate visual details.  
I thought about the dream, as I worked with 
vellum, mono-filament and blue thread.




Bibi: detail
Bibi:    We Are Where We Are Supposed to Be
That morning I started to use a white paper cover-up from the doctor’s office that I had saved.  I wrinkled it to make a big white flower.  It was too big so I discarded it.

So then, I grabbed a basket and attached a blue ceramic figure to it with a long wire.  I had a tough time getting the wire through to attach, but then it went through the basket fine.   I felt detached from the piece.  I used a red bandana and sewed it with blue thread which made me think of sadness.  The red reminded me of my accident but I felt like this piece was about Mimi. The basket would only allow me to stitch in certain spots. It felt like– there is only one way to get through your sadness, but once you get through, you will be happy. Just focus and go through.  We are where we are supposed to be. 


                                                           We Are Where We Are Supposed To Be    B. H. M.


Only

One point

One place

Straight through

Standing tall

Singing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment