Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 2


                


Bibi: Fixing an Old Rip
Found objects, string on photograph





Bibi  Fixing an Old Rip, detail


                                                







Bibi:    Fixing an Old Rip
This morning I had a disagreement with Frank and felt like there was no time to prepare for my work at 9.  Again, I had materials set aside to choose from, but my hand went to a folder with an old photo that Frank had ripped because it was not a good print. It had a smudge on it and was entitled Yellow Blossom.   I was remembering the bad feelings I had about that and of our argument today.  I wanted to use the photo and repair the “rip”.  My work flowed out without conscious thought. 


                                                                     Fixing an Old Rip    Bibana Huang Matheis

Doing the art and the idea
happened all at once

How new and so unexpected

It happens so fast - like
switching on the light

Let it flow naturally
Trust it
Have faith
Let it be

It is like when I am
playing the piano
 Just keep the channel
open


Mimi:    Old Love, (Yellow Smudge)
I went into the studio thinking about the argument I had with Mark last night.  I thought about our long time together, our old love.  I started working on vellum again with thread.  After I finished the sewing, I began thinking of -yellow, yellow smudge. I added the yellow pastel and wire. 




Mimi Old Love - Pencil, wire, thread on vellum

Mimi  Old Love, detail
                                           








               

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment