Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 3

Mimi: (Left) Mending Together-String spool, thread.  Bibi: (Right) Reconstruct- Bowl, dog hair, found objects.



Mimi:    Mending Together  (L)
I woke up thinking of balls of yarn and using them in the project.
But I said to myself- no, don’t plan beforehand, wait until 9.   It was a struggle when I began to work because I still wanted to use the yarn, but, thought I shouldn’t.  I finally said- yes I will use it.  I stitched thread on it, mending together the threads of the ball.  



Bibi:    Reconstruct  (R)
I woke up at 5:30 knowing I would do a piece called Reconstruct and would use a white bowl with my dog’s hair in it.  Then, I said to myself – I need to wait until 9 and see what idea comes then.  Nine came, I was at my desk, took the bowl, put it back down, and thought to put it out of sight.  I then felt I did need to use it and resigned to that. All the materials I grabbed fit well with the construction, and it flowed well.  I thought – just let the (chi-self) take over and the piece will make itself.



                                          Reconstruct       Bibiana Huang Matheis

Breast

Heart

Feathers

Reconnect
push through with a pin

Emotions
feathers of the Breast
let it out

 Chi
 breath of the Heart
 let it in

The right time




No comments:

Post a Comment