Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 1

Mimi -Octagon (Left) Thread, pencil on vellum.  Bibi - The First (Right) Cloth, beads, pins.




Week #1        11/11/11                  


                                      Mimi:    Octagon
Mimi: Octagon, detail
I went into my studio and the generator had just come on with a strong gas odor, so I grabbed some things, left quickly and worked in my house.   I used white vellum, red thread and pencils, thinking about the octagon shape and letting my hands just work.

Bibi: The First, detail







Bibi:    The First
I rushed to get ready for 9 o’clock.  I opened my daughter’s closet, took out boxes and grabbed some things on a whim (white silk fabric, old jewelry.)  I decided to use these instead of the assortment I thought I might use in my studio.  I let my hands take over, folded fabric in triangles-no thoughts, fit things together.




                      
The First   Bibana Huang Matheis


I did really well


It feels so fresh to have

a clean slate to work from

The opening and the 
connection was perfect                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment